Saturday, May 31, 2008

How to access services

How to access services
Many potential clients are referred by employers or social, judicial, and health systems. Persons interested in finding out about services in their community can look under "Washington State Alcohol/Drug" in the Blue Pages of the telephone directory.
You can also call the Alcohol and Drug 24-Hour Help Line at 206-722-3700 (from Seattle or out of Washington State) or toll free at 1-800-562-1240 (from within Washington State) for crisis counseling or referral services.
Persons interested in information on substance abuse may call the Washington State Alcohol/Drug Clearinghouse at 206-725-9696 (from Seattle or out of Washington State) or toll free at 1-800-662-9111 (from within Washington State).
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call the Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-547-6133, any time from any place.
Additional Resources
Greenbook "Directory of Certified Chemical Dependency Services in Washington State." The Greenbook Directory is primarily a listing of chemical dependency service providers certified by the Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse (DASA). Certified agencies are listed alphabetically within each county.
Post a Comment