Saturday, November 10, 2012

http://amandatodd.net/bulliedintosuicide.html

This girl, her name is Amanda Todd. She posted a video on YouTube a few days ago. She was bullied so bad it led to suicide... She was in a webcam chat group to meet up with new and old people. They started calling her Beautiful, Stunning, cute, Etc. And then they asked her to flash... So she did..... Thinking it was nothing... A year went by and some guy she did not know, messaged her saying ”Give me a 'show' or I will send your boobs.” She ignored it..... Christmas Break came and a knock came on her door at 4 AM. It was the police... That person sent the picture to EVERYONE. Everyone judged her. Bullied her. From ONE MISTAKE. She ended up switching schools. That person found out her school, friends, address once again and sent them there too. She had no one. Everyone hated her. She ended up switching towns. Then at this new school....She met this boy who she thought liked her. He didn't....he had a girlfriend. One day she got a note saying you better leave school. She didn't. A group of boys and girls including that boy, the girlfriend and more came up to her while the school surrounded her. The girl said “Look around, No one likes you.” One kid from the group said “JUST PUNCH HER ALREADY!” So she did, and Amanda got beat really bad. And got left. Alone. And her dad ended up finding her in a ditch hours later. She went home and drank bleach, to try to kill herself. It didn't work. The next day all over her Facebook page was written “Drink some more bleach", "No one cares", "I hope she dies, "No one would cry", "Everyone hates you", "Amanda try it again we dare you"…and so much more. She cried every night. Why did everyone hate her. One mistake. One. She started cutting so much and did drugs,and drank alcohal. She ended up trying to kill herself again. She failed. She couldnt take it anymore. At the end of the video it said ”I am Amanda Todd. I just need someone.” October 10th she hung herself. She is dead. Rest in peace, Amanda. You're beautiful. We will find a way to help stop bullying. Please share this to help stop bullying world wide: If you need "Someone" read this: Have you ever felt life is empty, void of purpose, useless or even pointless? I did too. Unlike Amanda, I found out key to freedom and joy. Since I was young I always questioned, what is the purpose of life, it all seems so meaningless? When I was only eight years old I despaired of life. I grew up in church but I never found anything there. The people who went seemed like they were just putting on a show for no reason. It's like they were pretending to be good just so people would like them. Over time I became more and more frustrated with the questions, where is the truth, where can I find hope, how do I stop this pain inside? Rather than looking to those who had gone to church, I, for the first time, began reading the Bible for myself. What I found in there was so different, so radical, compare to what I found in church. It's like the pages came alive and each word leaped into me. I really met and came to know Jesus as a person. Overtime I came to understand. That hole inside was always meant to be filled with Jesus Christ. I finally realized that all those things I did, which I knew were wrong, had separated me from the God who made me and imagined me. The Bible says that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” What that means is that we have all separated ourselves from God, and we need God as a child needs his or her parents. You may ask: how did I separate myself from God? Well, God has given us a conscience, He has told us the difference between right and wrong and we all have chosen wrong at one time or another. We have all “sinned” by doing this, like lying, hating, lusting, cheating etc. So what’s the good news? The Good News is this: although God is just and obligated to not only separate us from Himself, but destroy us for our “sin,” He loves us and He sent His Son Jesus to take our punishment and die in our place. Let me explain, as we said earlier we have all made mistakes. These mistakes have separated us from God, left us empty and left us so guilty that God in His justice should destroy us. Not wanting to destroy us, God made Himself into a man (Jesus); He lived as a man and even was tempted to do evil like we do, and once the correct time had come He (Jesus) was crucified and put to death for you and me. If you are willing to turn from sin, accept that sacrifice for yourself and live for God, Jesus will give you a new life, restoring your fellowship with God and sparing you from the judgment that you (like all of us) deserve. Receiving Jesus is as easy as praying this prayer: Lord Jesus, I recognize that I have sinned. I ask you Lord to forgive me my sin. I choose to turn from sin and follow you. I choose to live for you, tell others about you and love others. I choose to be your servant and spread your love. I thank you Lord that you died in my place. I thank you for forgiving me my sin. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments: