■■Your child is being taken into immediate custody. ■■Your child will be placed in a safe environment. When a law enforcement officer or judge believes that your child is in an environment dangerous to your child’s well-being, your child will be taken to a shelter facility. If your child is not going to be released to you, there must be a court hearing. It is very important that you go to this court hearing. Your child may not be kept in custody longer than 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) without a court hearing. If a hearing is not held within 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) after your child is taken into custody, your child must be returned to you. Your child may be released sooner if the release is approved by law enforcement. The county social service agency may also request authorization for release. ■■The law enforcement officer taking your child must tell you, your child and the court the reason your child was taken into custody. ■■ Law enforcement or county social services must tell you where your child is, unless telling you would place your child in immediate danger. ■■ You have the right to visit your child in the shelter facility. You should call your county social service office as soon as possible to request assistance for your family. Your child has rights too: the right to an attorney or a guardian ad litem to protect your child’s interest; also, the right to telephone parents. If your child is a member of an Indian tribe, or is eligible for membership in an Indian tribe, your entire family has the right to the protection of the Indian Child Welfare Act, the Minnesota Indian Family Preservation Act and the Minnesota Tribal/State Agreement on Indian Child Welfare. Contact your tribe for information and assistance. Seek help and attend the court hearing involving your child. ■■Immediately contact relatives or close friends to see if they could temporarily care for your child. Take your relatives or friends to court with you to explain to the court that your child can be safely returned to you. Relatives or friends might be eligible for foster care payments if they care for your child. ■■If you don’t agree that your child was in a dangerous environment, bring witnesses and evidence to the court hearing to help explain this. ■■If you don’t know the date and time and place of the hearing, call your social worker or the juvenile court in your county. ■■Unless the court finds that your child would be in immediate danger, your child will be returned to you at the first hearing, ■■ You have the right to be represented by a lawyer. You may request a public defender if you cannot afford a lawyer. ■■ You may have to wait until the day of the hearing to speak with a public defender. If so, go to the court early and ask to meet with your public defender. ■■ You may have the right to have an interpreter in court with you if English is not your first language or if you have a hearing impairment. For more information,
ask your local county service agency.■■Call your county social service office as soon as possible to request assistance for your family.

This information is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities
by calling us at (651) 431-4671. TTY users can call through Minnesota
Relay at (800) 627-3529. For Speech-to-Speech, call (877) 627-3848.
For additional assistance with legal rights and protections for equal access to
human services benefits, contact your agency’s ADA coordinator.



Please Make Note

Please make note that I, Jessica Lynn Hepner the creator of What Every Parent Should Know, is not giving legal advice. I am not a lawyer. I am giving you knowledge via first hand experiences.

Google+ Badge

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
Jessica Lynn Hepner
View my complete profile

Featured Post

Guide To Child Protection Services

WHAT EVERY PARENT SHOULD KNOW INFORMATION ALL PARENTS NEED TO KNOW Thursday, November 1, 2012 Guide to CPS Guide to CPS Child Protective Se...

Contact Form


Email *

Message *

Google+ Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Ways To Support Syncretism

Blog Archive

Search This Blog



Save A Life by Angie Kassabie

Save A Life by Angie Kassabie
I URGE ALL MY FRIENDS TO READ & SHARE THIS; YOU COULD SAVE A LOVED ONES LIFE BY KNOWING THIS SIMPLE INFORMATION!!! Stroke has a new indicator! They say if you forward this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along? Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue: During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ...she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this. A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough. >>RECOGNIZING A STROKE<< Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn! Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions: S *Ask the individual to SMILE. T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. Chicken Soup) R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS. If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher. New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke. A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved. I have done my part. Will you?

Popular Posts

Edit here

call Veteran Crisis @ 1-800-273-8255 press 1 or you can private/confidential chat to VeteransCrisisLine.net or text to 838255... Veterans Crisis Line | Hotline, Online Chat & Text Free, confidential support for Veterans in crisis and... VETERANSCRISISLINE.NET http://veteranscrisisline.net/

Recent Posts